When asked what people’s top three priorities were to include in the vision, the top response was protecting the environment and address issues on sustainable living.
Planning for our future and looking after our local community rounded out the respondents priorities.
The community was also asked what could be done better to create a positive future, the top 5 responses (in order of priority) related to:
• Environment – protecting the environment, reducing energy use, and supporting
a change to renewables
• Plan for sustainable population growth
• Infrastructure investment – maintain roads and footpaths, and infrastructure for
walking, cycling and public transpor
• Community health and wellbeing support
• Town presentation improvement
The community was asked what they are most proud of, 71% of responses related to community, quoting ‘community spirit, sense of community, community connections/connectedness, response to COVID, ability to come together, and friendliness’
A panel of community members will begin considering the feedback received through the community engagement process.