DHHS Daily Update On Coronavirus In Victoria
Coronavirus update for Victoria
File size must be less than 500kb
File types (jpg, png, gif)
Coronavirus update for Victoria
Victoria has recorded 295 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 9304.
The overall total has increased by 255 due to 40 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 34 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 261 are under investigation.
There have been nine new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. They were one man in his 60s, one man in his 70s, three men and two women in their 80s and two women in their 90s. Seven of the nine deaths are linked to aged care facilities. To date, 92 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
• 1418 cases may indicate community transmission
• 4839 cases are currently active in Victoria
• 307 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 41 in intensive care
• 4123 people have recovered from the virus
• Of the total cases, 8632 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 500 are from regional Victoria
• Total cases include 4625 men and 4593 women
• More than 1,554,000 tests have been processed
• Total number of healthcare workers: 884, active cases: 502
• There are 804 active cases relating to outbreaks across aged care facilities
Cases currently linked to public housing in North Melbourne, Flemington and Carlton are as follows:
• 309 cases are residents of various public housing towers in North Melbourne and Flemington. Investigations are continuing into how these cases are linked.
• 64 cases are residents of various public housing towers in Carlton. Investigations are continuing into if and/or how these cases are linked.
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
• 91 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
• 89 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner
• 86 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
• 79 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
• 62 cases have been linked to Menarock Life Aged Care Facility in Essendon
• 56 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
• 54 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
• 51 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge in Weribee
• 44 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
• 41 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
Single cases in staff members at the following aged care facilities have also been notified to the department – Kalyna Aged Care in Delahey, Doutta Galla Lynch’s Bridge in Kensington and Estia Health Aged Care in Glen Waverley. Two cases have also been identified at Mecwacare John Atchison Centre in Hoppers Crossing.
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
• 100 cases have been linked to Somerville Retail Services in Tottenham
• 100 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
• 78 cases have been linked to JBS in Brooklyn
• 51 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
• 29 cases have been linked to Woolworths Distribution Centre Mulgrave
• 27 cases have been linked to LaManna Supermarket in Essendon Fields
• 24 cases have been linked to Clever Kids in Ashburton
• 19 cases have been linked to Respite Services Australia in Moonee Ponds
• 14 cases have been linked to the Linfox Warehouse in Truganina
• 10 cases have been linked to Don KR Castlemaine
• 9 cases have been linked to Blackwoods Scoresby
As investigations are undertaken throughout the day, these outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreaks totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
People living in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire are required to wear a face covering when leaving home for one of the four reasons.
There will be some reasons not to wear a face covering. For example, those who have a medical reason, children under 12 or during strenuous exercise.
Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions are in force across metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire.
Media inquiries: Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit (03) 9096 8860 or email@example.com
Cases by Local Government Area
Please find the latest COVID-19 notifications by local government areas below Note: • Residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
• This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
• Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
• The last column shows the number of current active cases in an LGA. Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department and who has not yet recovered.
Confirmed Cases by LGA 29/07/2020
LGA Confirmed cases (ever)
Active cases (current)
BRIMBANK 922 603
WYNDHAM 916 532
HUME 841 392
MELBOURNE 593 276
WHITTLESEA 528 352
MORELAND 512 282
MOONEE VALLEY 509 214
MELTON 416 253
CASEY 365 186
BANYULE 316 144
YARRA 266 158
MARIBYRNONG 261 149
DAREBIN 234 103
GREATER DANDENONG 172 130
STONNINGTON 171 43
BOROONDARA 164 51
HOBSONS BAY 150 78
MONASH 141 63
PORT PHILLIP 124 48
GREATER GEELONG 120 44
YARRA RANGES 116 80
WHITEHORSE 114 59
GLEN EIRA 107 40
KINGSTON 103 56
MANNINGHAM 101 38
INTERSTATE 89 10
MORNINGTON PENINSULA 81 12 FRANKSTON 78 31
KNOX 72 41
NILLUMBIK 72 39
BAYSIDE 69 31
CARDINIA 59 25
MAROONDAH 59 38
COLAC OTWAY 56 54
MITCHELL 40 14
BALLARAT 24 10
MACEDON RANGES 22 11
GREATER BENDIGO 21 11
GREATER SHEPPARTON 17 0
LATROBE 15 6
MOORABOOL 15 12
SURF COAST 13 3
WELLINGTON 13 0
GOLDEN PLAINS 12 8
HORSHAM 11 7
MOIRA 11 0
BAW BAW 9 3
SOUTH GIPPSLAND 9 3
MOUNT ALEXANDER 8 2
BASS COAST 7 2
GLENELG 7 6
ARARAT 6 1
CAMPASPE 6 1
OVERSEAS 6 1
SWAN HILL 6 2
WARRNAMBOOL 6 1
CORANGAMITE 1 0
UNKNOWN 77 72
Total 9304 4839